Skip to content

300+ Arrested in DC Federal Crime Crackdown

More than 300 people have been arrested so far as part of President Trump’s crackdown on crime in Washington DC

President Trump’s crackdown began on Monday, when he exercised federal authority over the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department and ordered 800 D.C. National Guard troops to be activated throughout the city “to rescue our nation’s capital from crime, bloodshed, bedlam, and squalor, and worse”

300+ Arrested in DC Federal Crime Crackdown Image Credit: Kayla Bartkowski / Stringer / Getty Images
SHARE
LIVE
gab

More than 300 people have been arrested so far as part of President Trump’s crackdown on crime in Washington DC.

Attorney General Pam Bondi provided the latest figure for arrests on Sunday, in a post on X.

She said that 68 people had been arrested overnight.

“Just last night, our federal and DC law enforcement partners made 68 arrests and seized 15 illegal firearms,” Bondi stated on X.

“Homicide suspects, drug traffickers, and more are being charged. I’ll continue to stand with you as we make DC safe again!”

Charges include assault on a federal officer, aggravated assault, felony grand larceny and driving under the influence, according to FBI Director Kash Patel.

President Trump’s crackdown began on Monday, when he exercised federal authority over the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) and ordered 800 D.C. National Guard troops to be activated throughout the city “to rescue our nation’s capital from crime, bloodshed, bedlam, and squalor, and worse.”

“We’re formally declaring a public safety emergency. This is an emergency. This is a tragic emergency, and it’s embarrassing,” Trump said.

“This city will no longer be a sanctuary for illegal alien criminals.

“We will have full, seamless, integrated cooperation at all levels of law enforcement, and we’ll deploy officers across the district with an overwhelming presence.”

Speaking with reporters on Thursday, Pentagon press secretary Kingsley Wilson said National Guard troops in the city will not be making arrests, but “may temporarily limit the movement of an individual who has entered restricted or secured area without permission.”

On Friday, Washington DC Attorney General Brian Schwalb filed a federal lawsuit against the Trump administration, in an attempt to block its takeover of the Metropolitan Police Department.

The lawsuit also seeks to ensure the Police Department Chief, Pamela Smith, remains in charge.

“By declaring a hostile takeover of MPD, the Administration is abusing its limited, temporary authority under the Home Rule Act, infringing on the District’s right to self-governance and putting the safety of DC residents and visitors at risk,” Schwalb said in a statement.

“The Administration’s unlawful actions are an affront to the dignity and autonomy of the 700,000 Americans who call DC home. This is the gravest threat to Home Rule that the District has ever faced, and we are fighting to stop it.”

Schwalb’s case has now been assigned to Biden appointee Judge Ana Reyes, who previously blocked the Trump administration’s “transgender ban” in the US military, before her injunction was paused by the DC Circuit Court.

Over the weekend, it was announced that hundreds of National Guard troops will be sent to the nation’s capital from West Virginia, South Carolina and Ohio, to aid local National Guard, police and federal personnel.

Governor Patrick Morrisey of West Virginia announced that he would send as many as 400 National Guard troops to the capital, after a direct request from the Trump administration.

Morrisey’s office said the West Virginia National Guard would provide equipment and specialized training for the mission, along with “approximately 300–400 skilled personnel.”

The West Virginia governor said his state “is proud to stand with President Trump in his effort to restore pride and beauty to our nation’s capital.”

Not long after Morrisey’s announcement, Henry McMaster, Governor of South Carolina, announced that his state would send a further 200 troops.

“South Carolina is proud to stand with President Trump as he works to restore law and order to our nation’s capital and ensure safety for all who live, work, and visit there,” McMaster said.

Governor Mike DeWine then said he would provide 150 troops from the Ohio National Guard.


EXCLUSIVE: Alex jones Breaks Down The Secrets Of What Is About To Happen At The Trump-Putin Ukraine War Summit In Alaska, And What Comes Next If Zelensky Does Not Accept The Deal


Get 40% OFF our fan-favorite drink mix Vitamin Mineral Fusion NOW at the Infowars Store!
SHARE
LIVE
gab